- This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of a replacement Patriot passenger or light truck tire bearing the DOT mark and is not transferable.
- Eligible tires must be purchased new and used on the vehicle that they were originally installed on.
- Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
- The tires must be the size, load index, and speed rating equivalent or an acceptable alternative as specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Applicable in the United States only.
- This warranty succeeds all previous warranties and applies to tires purchased after July 1st, 2017.
Workmanship & Materials Warranty
If a tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or material anomalies during the initial warranty period, which is one year from the date of original retail purchase of the replacement tires (purchase receipt required) or within the first 2/32” (1.6mm) of the original usable tread, whichever occurs first, the tire will be replaced to the owner free of charge. To receive consideration for warranty coverage, tires must be returned to an authorized Patriot Tires dealer. Technicians designated by Patriot Tires will make the final determination regarding qualification for Workmanship and Materials coverage on tires submitted to Patriot Tires via authorized channels. If the tire is presented for ride related anomalies the warranty period is one year from the date of original retail purchase of the vehicle or purchase of replacement tires (purchase receipt required) or within the first 2/32” (1.6mm) of the original usable tread, whichever occurs first. The owner must pay for any associated service charges, including costs associated with mounting and balancing in both the aforementioned cases.
What is not Covered
All warranties will be null and void if any of the following conditions are found to exist:
- Tires transferred from the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
- Tires acquired as used (tires purchased used, equipped on a pre-owned vehicle etc.)
- Tires used in any commercial application (i.e. tires used for taxi service, delivery etc.)
- Misapplication (insufficient Speed Rating, Load Index, undersized or oversized tires, etc.)
- Tires damaged from improper mounting/dismounting.
- Tires damaged from dealer/retailer services: mounting, dismounting, balancing, studding, tire rotation or wheel alignment.
- Passenger tires used on commercial vehicles or used in commercial applications.
- Tires in which anything other than air or nitrogen has been used as the inflation medium.
- Tires injected with liquid balancer or sealant or any other balancing/sealing material or insert.
- Tires which have been modified by the addition or removal of material or any tire intentionally altered to change its appearance.
- Tires which become unserviceable because of tire operation in excess of tire/wheel manufacturers’ specifications and recommendations, including spinning.
- Tires improperly repaired or with repairs not conforming to relevant Rubber Manufacturers Association standards, or with section repairs, or with a self-vulcanizing plug only or patch only.
- Tires which have been altered in any manner (recapped, re-treaded, regrooved, additional siping, buffing, stud pin holes etc.)
- Tires used in racing or other competitive events, or in off-road applications.
- Multiple tires removed when only one tire can be claimed, or is suspect of a claim.
- Ride complaints after the first 2/32” (1.6mm) of tread wear.
- Tire complaints because of mechanical irregularities in the vehicle such as misalignment, defective brakes, defective shock absorbers or struts, or improper rims etc.
- Tires damaged by fire, chemical corrosion, vandalism, wrecks, chains, theft, run while flat, underinflated, overinflated or abused during servicing.
- Tires affected by flat spotting caused by improper transport or storage or hard braking/driving (showing as irregular wear).
- Tires which become unserviceable because of road hazard injuries (e.g., nails, glass, metal objects) or other penetrations or snags, bruises or impact damage.
- Tires with weather/ozone cracking over (4) four years from the date of manufacture or date of purchase. Proof of purchase is required. Without proof of purchase, the warranty will be four years from the manufactured date (DOT).
- Summer tires which develop surface cracks due to use in low ambient temperatures.
This warranty policy shall not apply to tires five (5) years or older from the date of manufacture or three (3) years or older from the original date of purchase. Adjustments will be made on a pro rata basis determined on tread wear and tire age.
In order to be eligible for the limited warranty service, the owner must:
- Present the warrantable tire to an authorized Patriot Tires dealer ideally from whom the original purchase was made.
- Present proof of purchase in the form of the original purchase receipt.
- Present all receipts to the authorized Patriot Tires dealer reflecting all required services as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. The costs related to mounting, balancing and any other service charges including applicable taxes are not covered under this warranty.
This warranty or any warranty stated or referred to herein is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of the tires, whether expressed or implied and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein.
How to Make a Claim Under this Limited Warranty
The owner, when making a claim under the terms of this warranty, must present the tire along with proof of purchase to any authorized Patriot Tires dealer. If further assistance or information is needed, please write to us on email@example.com.
Last Updated: 20th July 2017